Sunday, May 8, 2016

Adventures in Apartment Hunting

School orientation starts in 2 months and 2 days.  Waaaa!

This past weekend we went hunting for a new place to live.

And it got me so so excited.  We timed the apartment from school and as we're sitting at a stop light C asked me, "Does this make you nervous?"  And it didn't. Not one bit of it made me nervous.  I felt like I had rainbows shooting out of my head I was so ecstatic that this dream is becoming a reality. 

That night as we lay there talking before bed I told him some of my fears about this dream.
I feel like I don't belong.  That this white trash girl with poor grammar and etiquette was mistakenly let into this elite profession and I'm going to embarrass myself so much.

I do have doubts that I'm not smart enough- that my grades and MCAT was some fluke.  But I have to keep reminding myself if I wasn't smart enough I wouldn't have even got an interview let alone a spot in the class of 2020. 

And his words may have been the sweetest thing out of his mouth to date.  He said it with such earnestly that I believe him with every fiber in me.

He said, "The people who have had to fight for everything know how to carry on when it gets tough.  You can do this."

As application season is in progress for the class of 2021, here is your friendly reminder that you can do this too. 

You got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment